Join the Eastern Iowa Chapter of STC for a lunchtime webinar on information mapping with David Singer, Content Development Manager at Information Mapping US.
During his presentation, David will look at the benefits of designing managed, reusable modular content and the costs of neglecting to do so. Additional aspects of technical communications covered in his presentation include:
- Challenges and pitfalls awaiting authors as they make the transition from traditional authoring to creating modular content
- Basic features of the Information Mapping method, a proven structured authoring methodology
- Demonstrations of how the Information Mapping method is used to design structured modular content that’s easy to manage and repurpose
About David Singer
David Singer has over 30 years’ experience helping organizations achieve better control over their business-critical information. In the early 1980’s, he joined Information Mapping, Inc., a start-up company founded to bring to the marketplace Robert E. Horn’s research-based Information Mapping method for structured authoring. Today, this method is in daily use at large enterprises and government entities in at least 30 countries, and over 600,000 people have been trained to use Information Mapping techniques. Over the years, David has held several positions within the Information Mapping organization. As Content Development Manager at Information Mapping US, he speaks to audiences all over the country about content management and the Information Mapping method. He also discusses these and other topics in the Information Mapping blog.
About the Meeting
Registration for this online event is available using EventBrite.
- When: 12:00PM CST – 1:00PM CST, Tuesday, January 8, 2013
- Reservations: Please register using EventBrite.
- Costs: This presentation is open to the public. A donation of $5 for students and for members of STC Eastern Iowa or STC Central Iowa. Nonmembers may register for $10.