Scenes. There’s that word again. I’m using it again in my blog post to talk about the exciting planning that’s been done for our upcoming 2013-2014 program year. You may remember that I used the word scenes when describing my attendance at STC’s 2013 Summit. Well, here I go again! As the incoming Chapter Secretary, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting with our Chapter Board to discuss what type of programs we will offer during this upcoming year. I truly enjoyed this behind-the-scenes look at how these programs come together. Brainstorming with the Board was a lot of fun and I am always impressed with this core, committed group of technical communicators and long-time STC members.
We have an exciting year planned and trust that these topics will resonate with you just as they resonated with us. While we still have some details to pin down, I’d like to share a sneak peak with you:
- September 10, Brown Bottle, North Liberty: SharePoint Portal Operations and Communications, Jared Curtis, GDIT
- October 8, Mt. Mercy, Cedar Rapids: STC College Night with Charles Crawley, Liz Herman, Michelle Felser, and Michael O’Neill. Learn more…
- November 12, Longbranch, Cedar Rapids: Classical Rhetoric and Technology, Jane Nesmith
- December 10, Brown Bottle, North Liberty: Our STC Social
- January 14, Webinar: Single-Sourcing Multi-Channel Content, Presenter TBD
- February 11, Webinar: Gamification, Presenter TBD
- March 11, Long Branch, Cedar Rapids: Writing Today and Tomorrow, Afternoon Workshop, Laura Behrens, Red Pen Communications
- April 8, Long Branch, Cedar Rapids: Technical Writing & Mystery Writing, Jean Wilson
- May 12: TBD
I am very excited about all the great programs planned for the upcoming year and feel privileged to be part of that behind-the-scenes process where all these great ideas and events come together.